SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 1, 2020

Mother’s Day Gift Guide

Hi My Mama Bees, 

So before we even get started, let's be real, COVID-19 has completely come in and messed up all of our plans for the beginning of 2020 hasn't it? I am an expecting mom, so for me, I can truly say, every single thing that I thought I would have been doing in Q1 has been either cancelled or placed on hold. Be that as it may, the show still has to go on and we simply have to adjust. That is the rule of thumb for motherhood right?!

This is certainly a first, moms all over the world are spending Mother’s Day in quarantine. While typically,  this day rarely is any different from every other day as a mom, I thought it would be great to get the ball rolling to ensure that my fellow mom friends here in The Bahamas are able to be honored and celebrated on our special day, despite COVID 19. With just under two weeks, to pull any of this off requires planning, so dads, husbands, boyfriends and kids, it's time to get to work!

Here are some awesome Mothers Day gift ideas that you can arrange for your moms to enjoy this Mother’s Day:


  • Something Sweet
    If mom is anything like me, nothing says I love you like a sweet treat and luckily for us, there are a few sweet options currently opened during the weekdays with delivery! My personal faves are Puffee Cotton Candy and The Boutique Cake. From champagne flavored cotton candy to macaroons and cute cupcakes, these local vendors can make mom's Mothers Day super sweet!!
Yummy goodness from Puffee Cotton Candy 

The Boutique Cake 
  • Allow her to put up her apron for the day
    A
    s I mentioned, preparing for Mother’s Day this year will require a bit of planning, but I know that you can do it! There are several restaurants opened that are offering delivery as well as curbside pick up, here are a few of my favorites:

    - Titan Hospitality (The Steak Dinner is to Die for!)
    - The Island House Booze & Bites has a robust menu with so many options!
    - Sushi Rokkan & Prego in the Old Fort Shopping Center both offering curbside pick up
    - Outback Steakhouse
    I'm sure there are much more, but I want to list the locations that I know are open and are offering not only good food but awesome service despite what is happening!!
  • Tingzzzz
    I’m sorry but I’m a mother who LOVE gifts. Yes, cooking me breakfast and providing it in bed is fun and cute, but I’d like to feel special too! Gifting is always a yes! Here are some cool ideas that are affordable (considering the current economic climate), fun and mom will love!! Don't forget, although outside is technically closed, online ordering is still very much open and many local businesses are coming up with creative ways to get there products and services in your hands! 
Can be found at Shop The Red Box Bahamas 
There are so many options to choose from and so many local vendors who are willing to customize things to fit your budget and needs. Although we are stuck in side, let's remain safe but together. Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day!!!

Post a Comment